Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Top 10

(Click on the chart to view standings)


To see everyone's picks and a full standings breakdown, click here.

Two weeks in, the touring top ten has is set, and if our pool is any indication we've had our first shocking elimination.  This week Alexis Grace got the axe, putting a lot of red marks on people's brackets ("Red marks," you say?  Click the full standings link above and you can see how each elimination affects your bracket and everyone else's).  

First off, thanks to everyone who stopped by to read last week's post but especially Mike Sis, who left a very amusing comment about how all (or at least half) of you all know each other.  If you didn't see it, check out the comments below the previous post.  And Mike, don't worry, It's only week two.  The snarkyness will pick up as the season progresses and I become more and more offended at how much time I'm devoting to this ridiculous TV show.  Once I start skipping weeks, my posts should be downright venomous.  Stay tuned.  

Secondly, I must make a retraction from last week's post.  Chris Piccolo picked Matt Giraud to win it all.  My last post said that Chris had picked TX native, Michael Sarver.  Let's hope we're both wrong!

OK, now that we've got the housekeeping out of the way let's have some week 2 highlights. Here we go ...

Clearly I'm an idiot, but I had Kris Allen out first because I thought he was boring. Halfway through his week 2 performance, I started writing down these notes ... Guess I wasn't wrong.

I think the judges were a little tough on Lil Rounds for not hip-hopping up her song on country night.  She made a conscious decision to respect the original version and took a risk with it.  If that's Lil singing outside her comfort zone, look out!  

Adam Lampbert with Randy Travis was the most awkward encounter since Jason Castro met Andrew Lloyd Webber.  His sitar-laden rendition of "Ring of Fire" was the most offensive performance since Archuletta sang "Imagine".  The fact that he survived that without a trip to the bottom 3 means were going to see a lot more Adam than I'm going to have patience for.

11:28 PM - I just realized that Scott is not a very good singer. Nice guy. Excellent piano player. Not a good singer... crap.

Megan getting a pass from the judges because she was sick was a crime. She's awful, flu or no flu.  If you think that's mean, you should hear my wife talk about her - scary.  

Good recovery by Anoop and Good thing for Jacqui and John, who both have him picked to win (Although truth-be-told, my aunt Jacqui said she wanted "Apoo" to win ... what a racist).  

Try as his stylists might, Matt Giraud is not Justin Timberlake.  He's a second-rate bar room piano player with average vocal chops - get over it people! 

There you have it folks.  Snarky enough for you?  Coming here and spewing sarcasm will soon be my only source of enjoyment since my own bracket is looking pretty dismal.  I'm not is as bad shape as the Hunts though, who both had Alexis picked to win it all.  They weren't the only ones hurt by Alexis' early departure though.  Adam, Brady, Jacqui, Ben S. and Geri "Glamma" Robak also picked her to go deep.  Not fooled though, was Amy Amantangelo, who continues to lead the pack with a 60/390 score and only one red mark going into week 3.  

This week's theme is "50 Years of Motown" and the Swami says: "Michael Sarver is going to sound silly singing Stevie Wonder and the Temptations - his days are numbered."


No comments:

Post a Comment