Thursday, March 20, 2008

Week 2 Recap



Week 2 is in the books! Amanda Overmeyer goes down, the touring top 10 is revealed and we hear one more (and consensus is, one too many) week of Beatles music.

David Archuletta returned to form this week reasserting himself as a contender while Michel Johns continued to look shaky and claims to have peaked during the Hollywood round. Squeezing 2 weeks out of the Beatles songbook was pushing tacky, and certainly seemed like too much for some of the contestants. Kristy Lee Cook limped through, surviving another bottom-two, but should get a boost from the change-of-venue to country next week. Personally, I'm just happy to put the Amanda Overmeyer songbook behind me. I'll think of Amanda every time I visit Strangebrew ... mmm, I can almost smell the stale beer. Other highlights for me included David Cook, who busted out the Peter Frampton-style voice box on "Day Tripper" (what ... WHAT?!), and an appearance from Idol alum, Kellie Pickler, which you missed if you tend to fast forward through the results show. Say what you want about her smarts, but it's hard not to like Pickler, who Seacrest noted, has ... ahem? ... "grown in more ways than one."

Amanda's elimination was music to many ears including Jeff, who scored 20 out of 20 and caries the only clean sheet into Round 3. Amy A. and Wilcz could join him though, with a Kristy Lee Cook elimination next week. Everyone has a chance, but as the points double next week your wrong answers will be twice as costly. The Swami says, "Don't count on Kristy to survive country week, but Ramiele will be gone sooner than most of us think."

Quote of the week:
"Hopefully I'm here next week because I can blow you out of your socks, and you know it." -- Kristy Lee Cook

Quote of the week (runner up):
"(Raising my hand) Ummmm, I would like Kristy to blow me out of my socks." -- Mike Sis


Good Night, and Good Luck.

- Special Assistant to Ms. Abdul

No comments:

Post a Comment